Links in the purple area on the right
This treatment can be combined with other treatments, see the price link to the right
Diamond microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses a diamond tip wand to remove the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin. Microdermabrasion also encourages the production of a new underlying layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin, which further improves your skin’s appearance.
As your skin is exposed to environmental elements such as the sun, pollution, etc., your skin will gradually look more tired and wrinkled, develop pigmentation etc. Microdermabrasion treatments can help reduce or eliminate wrinkles, fine lines, crows feet, age spots, acne scarring, and pigmentation.
Normally a series of 6 treatments is ideal, spaced 7 - 10 days apart. After this a monthly maintenace treatment may suffice. But the tretament regime can vary from case to case depending on individual circumastances.
Benefits of Diamond Microdermabrasion
reduces enlarged pores
- Anti Aging: The exfoliation process of microdermabrasion works underneath the surface of the skin to stimulate collagen production. Collagen is the substance that keeps your skin firm and supple, similar to the skin of a teenager. As the skin ages, collagen underneath the surface begins to break down so that the complexion experiences sagging and wrinkling.
- Reduce Wrinkles: Microdermabrasion works through mechanical exfoliation, and it is beneficial to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by removing outer layers of dead skin. When the outer layers of dead skin are removed, it will stimulate new cell growth so that fresh and new skin pushes forth. This can begin to remove many existing fine lines and wrinkles, as well as to prevent new signs of age from appearing on the skin.
- Treat Acne Scars: One great use of microdermabrasion is to reduce deep scars and pockmarks, while evening out the skin tone. In fact, many clients prefer the use of microdermabrasion for other areas of their body, like the back, which can commonly have acne scarring.
- Even Out the Skin Tone: So many clients suffer from hyperpigmentation, which is brown pigmentation and damage caused by unprotected sun exposure. A microdermabrasion series will work to remove this dark and damaged skin so that the skin tone looks even overall. This is perfect for any clients that rely upon heavy makeup to cover up hyperpigmentation and scars on their skin. Even more so, many female clients will appreciate this for their chest area, which can often become leathery and damaged due to sun exposure.
- Balance the Skin: Even if a client has dry or rosacea skin, they can undergo a microdermabrasion treatment to remove dead and flaking skin for better product absorption. When done gently, a microdermabrasion can reduce dryness by balancing out the skin to alleviate a number of skin concerns.
Contraindications: sunburnt skin, undiagnosed lesions, recent herpes outbreaks, warts, active weeping acne (stages 3-4), active rosacea, unstable diabetes, auto-immune system disorders, just had a chemical peel, recently had laser surgery/surgery (scarring less then 12 months), current or recent use (< 1 y) of isotretinoin (acne medicin)